Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Patient

Oh my sweet love
You are out there somewhere
And we may meet or we may not
But I will wait for you

You love and you care
And you think and you laugh
And you tend the plants
And you tend the lives

And you will make me laugh
And I will make you laugh
And we will read each other poems
That we wrote or we loved

And when times turn grim
And when grief strikes
And illness, and death
And we have little to give

We will give the little
And it will be more
And we will love through anger
And smile through fights

And grow. And grow.
And be. And be more.
And make something
Something more in the world

Oh my sweet love
You are out there somewhere
And we may meet or we may not
But I will wait for you.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Patrick for sending me here. This is just as lovely on the page as when you spoke it. I hope you find each other soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel just like you do - that person is out there somewhere. Well done.

    ReplyDelete